Sparrow Carson Hospital, in supporting delivery of comprehensive health care to the community recruits, obtains and retains an competent volunteers to augment the services of staff. We provide the opportunity for individuals from all segments of the community to become involved and to effectively utilize their time, skills, and expertise in helping others.
All Volunteer Services and Volunteer Service Organizations affiliates with Sparrow Carson Hospital will function according to the guidelines established in the Volunteer Service Departments policies. It is the policy of Sparrow Carson Hospital to encourage and promote its volunteer programs; to enhance patient care and comfort through traditional volunteer service. It is not the policy of Sparrow Carson Hospital to fill regular employment positions with volunteers.
For more information about volunteering, please call 989.584.0979.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Auxiliary: The purpose of Sparrow Carson Hospital Auxiliary is to promote good public relations within the Sparrow Carson Hospital service area, to render service to Sparrow Carson and its patients, and to aid the officers and staff in whatever manner is deemed necessary to Sparrow Carson's goals and objectives.
- Baby Grand Piano Player: To provide music therapy that is conductive to a healing environment at Sparrow Carson Hospital. Serves as an example of the mission and philosophy of Sparrow Carson Hospital to all patients, visitors, and staff.
- Front Lobby Greeter: Position to maintain patient flow and assist patients and family members as needed. Assist with newspaper and flower deliveries. Assist guests in the gift shop.
- Same-Day Surgery Greeter: Responsibility for the Same Day Surgery waiting room, keep the room organized, neat and assist the patients’ families. Track location of family members. Ability to introduce the physician to the family members.
- Student Volunteer: Student volunteers may assist with general duties under the guidance of an adult.
- Gift Shop: Greet and meet patients and family members. Assist the customer, patients and family members as needed with their purchases. Keep gift shop neat.
- Transporter: Assist transporting patients leaving their room by wheelchair to their car. Guide visitors to patient rooms and hospital offices. Greet Visitors entering the hospital. Provide warmth and individualized attention to patients and families. Assist transporting patients throughout the hospital.