Caring for diabetic, endocrine and metabolic disorders
We have over 40 years of practical experience in caring for diabetes type 1 and type 2 and other conditions including thyroid issues and metabolic disorders.
You and your family are at the center of Sparrow's multidisciplinary approach. We offer a broad range of services to diagnose and treat endocrine (hormone) diseases and we're here to help you find your path to diabetes management. After all, it’s your life. Together we’ll make sure you stay in control.
Our board-certified endocrine physicians work with registered dietitians, diabetic educators, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, medical assistants and nurses who specialize in diabetes. And we are certified by the Michigan Department of Community Health and recognized by the American Diabetes Association.
Conditions & Treatments
- Adrenal Adenoma
- Diabetes Insipidus
- Diabetes Type 1/Type 2
- Gestational Diabetes (GDM)
- Hyper parathyroid
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Pituitary Adenoma
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid Nodule/Cancer
- Turners Syndrome
- Comprehensive diabetes evaluation and management by a multidisciplinary team
- Outpatient diabetes education, both individual and group classes, during the day and evenings.
- Insulin instruction and blood glucose monitoring
- Dietary counseling
- Insulin infusion pump training and initiation
- Gestational diabetes classes
- Diabetes support groups
- Diabetes resource library
- Diabetes supplies and assistive devices, including demonstration and instruction
Education & Support
Knowledge is the key to controlling diabetes. Sparrow Diabetes & Endocrinology Services offers educational programs at Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, Sparrow Carson, Sparrow Clinton, Sparrow Eaton and Sparrow Ionia Hospitals. Classes are taught by a nurse educator and a dietitian educator and cover such topics as meal planning, carb counting, exercise, controlling risk factors, and sick day care. Monthly support groups offer another avenue for education and family involvement. For more information and to register for classes, please call 517.364.8080.