Visiting hours and guidelines
Having a loved one by your side can help your healing and care, and we at Sparrow will do everything we can to ensure everyone's safety. While each patient's needs are different, we do our best to provide the opportunity for loved ones to spend as much time with their loved ones as possible.
Help us protect our patients. New visitor guidelines have taken effect throughout Sparrow Health System with the goal of ensuring the safety of patients, caregivers, and visitors.
- All patients and visitors at all Sparrow hospitals, including E.W. Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, Sparrow Carson, Sparrow Clinton, Sparrow Eaton and Sparrow Ionia, will be required to wear a mask.
- All visitors are required to properly wear surgical face masks at all Sparrow locations. If needed, surgical masks are provided at the entrance of the hospital. Cloth masks, including handmade masks or bandanas, are NOT allowed. Visitors may wear their own N95 mask (without a valve). If the N95 has a valve, a surgical mask MUST be worn over the N95 or the visitor may wear just a surgical mask. If a mask is not being properly worn, the individual will be asked to leave the facility and may lose their visitation privileges. Visitors should limit eating and drinking while in the patient’s room.
- Social distancing standards must be observed during your visit.
- Visitors must be 12 years and older and those aged 12 to 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
Inpatient departments at E.W. Sparrow Hospital (EWSH)
- Visiting hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- All patients, including Pediatrics and Women’s Services, are now allowed unlimited visitors a day, with the maximum of two visitors at a time. The two visitors can visit the patient at the same time.
- All isolation patients' visitors (including COVID-positive patients) are also now allowed unlimited visitors a day, with the maximum of one visitor at a time. Visitors will be required to wear additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). PPE is available on each unit and we request that visitors speak with the nurse prior to entering an isolation room.
Emergency department at EWSH
- One visitor allowed per patient pre-triage. Depending on patient placement, one visitor will be allowed for those patients placed in a room and/or once a patient moves into a room.
- Two parents/guardians will be allowed per pediatric patient
We appreciate your cooperation and apologize for any inconvenience. All policies are subject to change.