Visiting hours and guidelines
Having a loved one by your side can help your healing and care, and we at Sparrow will do everything we can to ensure everyone's safety. While each patient's needs are different, we do our best to provide the opportunity for loved ones to spend as much time with their loved ones as possible.
Help us protect our patients. New visitor guidelines have taken effect throughout Sparrow Health System with the goal of ensuring the safety of patients, caregivers, and visitors.
- All patients and visitors at all Sparrow hospitals, including E.W. Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, Sparrow Carson, Sparrow Clinton, Sparrow Eaton and Sparrow Ionia, will be required to wear a mask if:
- Patient is in isolation where a mask is required
- Respiratory symptoms, including fever, new cough, or rash are present
- A household contact has COVID-19
- A visitor always has the option to wear a mask if they choose.
- If a N95 with a valve is worn, a surgical mask MUST be worn over the N95.
- Visitors must be 12 years and older and those aged 12 to 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
Inpatient departments at E.W. Sparrow Hospital (EWSH)
- Visiting hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- All patients, including Pediatrics and Women’s Services, are now allowed unlimited visitors a day, with the maximum of two visitors at a time. The two visitors can visit the patient at the same time.
- All isolation patients' visitors (including COVID-positive patients) are also now allowed unlimited visitors a day, with the maximum of one visitor at a time. Visitors will be required to wear additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). PPE is available on each unit and we request that visitors speak with the nurse prior to entering an isolation room.
Emergency department at EWSH
- Two visitors at a time are allowed per patient if they are in a room. Visitors can switch out.
- ED patients waiting for a room are allowed one visitor at a time. Visitor can switch out.
- We reserve the right to limit visitation in certain situations.
- Two parents/guardians will be allowed per pediatric patient.
We appreciate your cooperation and apologize for any inconvenience. All policies are subject to change.