Visiting hours and guidelines
Having a loved one by your side can help your healing and care, and we at Sparrow will do everything we can to ensure everyone's safety. While each patient's needs are different, we do our best to provide the opportunity for loved ones to spend as much time with their loved ones as possible.
In response to the outbreak of COVID-19 and recommendations from the state of Michigan, Sparrow Health System has implemented new visitor guidelines and policies. Please view the details below or call 517.364.1000 for current visitation hours and policies.
Help us protect our patients. New visitor guidelines have taken effect throughout Sparrow Health System with the goal of ensuring the safety of patients, caregivers, and visitors.
- All patients and visitors at all Sparrow hospitals, including Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, Sparrow Carson, Sparrow Clinton, Sparrow Eaton and Sparrow Ionia, will be screened and required to wear a mask.
- All visitors are required to properly wear surgical face masks at all Sparrow locations. If needed, surgical masks are provided at the entrance of the hospital. Cloth masks, including handmade masks or bandanas, are NOT allowed. Visitors may wear their own N95 mask (without a valve). If the N95 has a valve, a surgical mask MUST be worn over the N95 OR the visitor may wear just a surgical mask. If a mask is not being properly worn, the individual will be asked to leave the facility and may lose their visitation rights. Visitors should limit eating and drinking while in the patient’s room.
- Social distancing standards must be observed during your visit.
- Visitors must be 12 years and older and those aged 12 to 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Visiting hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Non-COVID patients, including Pediatrics and Women’s Services, are now allowed unlimited visitors a day, with the maximum of two visitors at time. The two visitors can visit the patient at the same time. As soon as a visitor checks out, a new visitor will be allowed to visit.
- Waiting rooms will remain closed
- All patients or their representative are still asked to coordinate with their family and friends so the appropriate visitors are allowed access.
- COVID-positive patients will be allowed two visitors per day during the hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Both visitors can visit the patient at the same time. Visits will be limited to two hours per visitor. Additional PPE must be worn and is available at the visitor check-in station. Once the visitor has left the COVID unit, the visit is over and the visitor must proceed to check out of the building.
- Comfort Care/End-of-Life patients will be addressed on a case by case basis in collaboration with the unit/department leader.
- One visitor allowed per patient pre-triage. Depending on patient placement, one visitor will be allowed for those patients placed in a room and/or once a patient moves into a room.
- Two parents/guardians will be allowed per pediatric patient
We appreciate your cooperation and apologize for any inconvenience. All policies are subject to change.