Your visit starts before you arrive
We're glad you've chosen Sparrow. Whether this is your first visit or you are a returning patient, we encourage you to prepare for your visit ahead of time.
We want your experience to be as smooth and comfortable as possible. Below are some helpful resources to ensure you get the most out of your visit.
Sparrow wants to make your visit as seamless as possible. We know your time is valuable, so we make it easy to pre-register for a scheduled procedure or test simply and efficiently with our online form. We recommend you have your insurance card(s), information about your test/procedure, and your emergency contact ready before you begin.
Planning your stay
What to Pack
You should take items that can help you sleep comfortably, maintain your daily hygiene, provide you with greater privacy, and keep you healthy. If you need to bring something of value, such as a laptop for work, ask if there is a secure place to store your belongings.
You also want to consider bringing along something to entertain yourself and maybe snacks or drinks that your treatment or procedure allows.
Be sure to include the following:
- Night clothes (avoid snaps and long gowns), a bathrobe, and sturdy non-skid slippers or shoes
- Comfortable clothes to wear home
- Personal toiletry items such as toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, comb or brush, tampons, sanitary pads, or denture cream
- Cell phone charger
- A list of all medications you take, including the dose, time of day, and reason for the medication
- Details of illnesses, surgeries, and any allergies to medicines, foods, or environment
- Your health insurance or health plan card
- A list of the names and telephone numbers of family or friends to call if needed
- Your driver's license if you need to use notary services
Additional items to bring if you’re having a baby
- An infant car seat
- Name of baby's doctor or clinic
- Birth plan, if you have one
- Newborn going home outfit
- Nursing bra, if you will be nursing
- Breast pads
- Baby bag
- Your Social Security card or driver license (for birth records identification)
Please note some healthcare plans require precertification or preauthorization for certain procedures or hospitalizations. Failure to obtain precertification often results in a reduced reimbursement or denial of claims. They may also require a referral by your primary care physician. To avoid unexpected charges, please check in advance with your healthcare plan to see what is required before your visit.
MyChart Bedside tablets are now available at Sparrow and they allow you to keep track of your health information, know who your nurses and doctors are, and better understand your stay. Ask your doctor questions, find out when your next procedure is happening, and better understand your treatments; all at your own pace. MyChart Bedside brings MySparrow directly to you.