Lower Limb Amputation Program
Have you or a family member experienced a lower extremity amputation?
Sparrow Pain Management Center has collaborated with Sparrow Outpatient Rehab and Mary Free Bed Orthotics and Prosthetics to offer you a comprehensive program to address your needs. We are able to assist with physical, emotional, and social needs. Allow us to help you live your best functional life.
You may benefit from Physical Therapy if:
- You need residual limb care
- You have issues with balance
- You have issues with ambulation
- You need prosthetic training
- You have a decreased range of motion
- You have decreased strength
You may benefit from Pain Counseling if:
- You have any signs of depression
- You have difficulty focusing at work
- You have anxiety or stress with movement
- You have decreased attention with everyday tasks
- You have an inability to cope with pain
You may benefit from Occupational Therapy if:
- You have difficulty sleeping
- You have difficulty completing everyday tasks
- You have an inability to work due to pain
- You have phantom limb pain
- You have increased chronic pain
- You have an overall decrease in quality of life
Sparrow Pain Management Center’s Occupational Therapists will provide you with an individualized treatment plan following your evaluation on land. After a Sparrow and Mary Free Bed Orthotics and Prosthetics will provide you with an individualized treatment plan following your evaluation. Techniques used include, but are not limited to, visual imagery, biofeedback, education on body mechanics, sleep hygiene, strengthening, stress management, aquatic therapy, and relaxation techniques.