Click here to see all of the photos from the Nurses Week Tea. More than a dozen Sparrow Nurses were given special recognition for extraordinary care and service as part of activities celebrating national Nurses Week.
Elizabeth Henry, MN, RN, received Sparrow Nursing's Lifetime Achievement Award. She retired in January after serving as Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Oﬃcer since 2000. Under her strong leadership, Sparrow earned recognition as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credential Center.
Patient Experience Department Manager Susan Wisser, MSN, MBA, RN, CCM, of Haslett, received Sparrow's highest Nursing honor, the Jean Granger Award, which recognizes excellence in nursing at Sparrow and contributions to the community.
In addition, 11 Nurses were selected as Nurses of the Year in their specialty areas:
- Joanne Anderson, BSN, RN, OCN, of Lansing - Professional Support
- Fiona Bates, BSc, BSN, RN, PCCN-CMC, of Haslett - Critical Care/Step-down Services
- Lori Certo, BA, RN, of Lansing - Behavioral Health
- Bethanie De La Ossa, BSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, SANE, of Grand Ledge - Emergency Services
- Jamie Gothberg, BSN, RN, OCN, of Bellevue - Medical/Surgical Services
- Jessica Hamrick, BSN, RN, of East Lansing - Women/Children's Services
- Brandy Hilyard, BSN, RN, CMSRN, of Holt - Management
- Terri Mitchell, RN-CHPN, of Eaton Rapids - Hospice/Homecare/LTACH
- Erin Plunkett, RN, of East Lansing - Sparrow Clinics/Practices/Affiliates
- Deborah Simons, RN, of DeWitt - Perioperative Services
- Jenny Werth, MSN, NP-C, of DeWitt - Advanced Practice and Education
By consistently going above and beyond, our Nurses have helped Sparrow become part of the 6 percent of nationwide hospitals to receive Magnet Recognition. This designation is the nation's most prestigious honor for nursing achievement and excellence and is considered the "gold standard" for nursing care in hospitals.