David Luginbill, D.O.
LANSING, MI – David Luginbill, D.O., a Lansing native, is Sparrow’s 2019 Physician of the Year.
Kristin Bredin, D.O., Medical Director of Sparrow Hospice and Palliative Care, received the Sparrow Physician Leadership Award.
They, along with five others inducted into Sparrow’s Physicians Hall of Fame, were honored during the recent Sparrow Physician Recognition Dinner at the University Club of Michigan State University.
Sparrow is proud to recognize some of the more than 950 Physicians who are transforming care in the Mid-Michigan region. Sparrow Physicians, with their everyday actions, put the needs of our Patients first.
Dr. Luginbill, of Dimondale, is a Family Medicine Physician who works for Sparrow Medical Group Lansing and has attended over 2,000 births. A graduate of the MSU College of Osteopathic Medicine, he was honored as Physician of the Year for 2014-15 by the Michigan Association of Osteopathic Family Physicians.
Dr. Luginbill, who was born at Sparrow himself, highly values the relationships he established with his Patients and the opportunity to care for individuals and families through multiple generations.
“It’s the people that really are the best part of being a doctor,” he said.
Dr. Bredin was born and raised in Holt and began her medical career as a Sparrow Hospitalist before transitioning to work with the Palliative Care team. She currently oversees all three Sparrow programs: Hospice House, Home Hospice, and Palliative Care.
Inductees into Sparrow’s Physician Hall of Fame can be nominated by colleagues or members of the community. This year’s inductees include:
- Michael Andary, M.D., a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician who started the MSU Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency in 1993.
- Ellen Cavenagh Meadows, M.D., a Pediatric Radiologist who led initiatives to enhance safety for our smallest and youngest Patients.
- Howard Chang, M.D., Ph.D., a Neuropathologist at Sparrow Hospital.
- Robert Darios, M.D., a Faculty Physician with Sparrow/MSU Family Medicine Residency who began a residency training site that would eventually evolve into Sparrow Medical Group.
- Martin Schoenmaker, M.D., an OB/GYN who taught Medical Residents and students and guided many local women during the birth of their children.
Choose Wisely. Choose Sparrow.