Sparrow Children's Center's own Stephen Guertin, M.D., takes the stage tomorrow night at the Kellogg Center as one of Care Free Medical's 6th Annual Dancing with the Local Stars contestants!
Similar to the television show, the event pairs Lansing-area celebrities from media, sports, business, government, law enforcement and other sectors with local dance instructors to train for a single night of dance performances. In addition to Dr. Guertin, this year's challengers include:
- Pete Chiaravelli, DDS - Chiaravelli & Maxon DDS
- Melanie Dart - Vice Chair, Dart Bank Board of Directors
- Kelli Ellsworth-Etchinson - Vice President, Community & Business Development, Lansing Area Federal Credit Union
- Bo Garcia - Executive Director, LCC Business & Community Center
- Chivon Kloepfer - Morning Anchor, WLNS TV 6
- Linda Peterson, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, McLaren Greater Lansing
Care Free Medical, started 10 years ago by Barry Saltman, M.D., is an organization that provides health care to many uninsured and under-served residents of Ingham and surrounding counties. Care Free Medical relies on grants and donations to cover 50 percent of their operating budget and in six years of the Dancing with the Local Stars, more than a half a million dollars has been raised to care for our community.
Learn more: Care Free Medical