Sparrow is your hometown health system
Sparrow is the Lansing area’s only community-owned, community-governed health system. We’re a not-for-profit organization, and our board is made up of local leaders who call Mid-Michigan home. Our patients are also our neighbors, family and friends.
Sparrow’s impact is felt across Mid-Michigan at more than 115 sites of care: at E.W. Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, community hospitals in Carson City, Charlotte, Ionia and St. Johns, and the 478 Sparrow primary care providers and specialists serving patients across the region.
Our mission is to improve the health of the people in our communities by providing quality, compassionate care to every patient, every time.
When you need expert care, Sparrow is right here
As your community partner in health, we’re dedicated to making Sparrow Health System and our flagship facility, E.W. Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, the best they can be.
That means we invest in state-of-the-art facilities and technology… and we support our thousands of medical experts and caregiving professionals in providing the highest quality care.
- As a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence, Sparrow Hospital is among just 6 percent of hospitals nationwide to achieve the highest level of nursing excellence recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- The Sparrow Herbert-Herman Cancer Center has the region’s only full-time clinical genetics counselor and genetics program. And the MRIdian linear accelerator at the Cancer Center is one of only a few dozen in the world.
- Sparrow Hospital is the only Children’s Miracle Network Hospital in the region.
- Sparrow Hospital is the region’s only Level I Trauma Center, ranked #1 in Michigan; a Cardiac Center of Excellence; and Michigan’s first certified Comprehensive Stroke Center — one of about 20 nationwide.
To serve patients like you, Sparrow delivers world-class care that’s close to home.
Sparrow Health System by the numbers
- 23,000 surgeries a year
- 90,000 Urgent Care and FastCare visits a year
- 115 sites of care across mid-Michigan
- 300 Sparrow Hospital ER patients a day
- 9,000 caregivers in the Sparrow Health System
- 1,295 Sparrow physicians
- 2,173 volunteers
- 4,000 births a year in the Mother Baby Center
- 845 hospital beds across Sparrow Health System
- 3 critical access hospitals in rural communities
- $101 million in charitable contributions to the community