Wound treatment that offers hope for healing
In the United States, chronic wounds affect approximately 6.5 million patients. At the Sparrow Wound and Hyperbaric Clinic, we treat these wounds and work to prevent reoccurrence by correcting contributing factors such as controlling infection and enhancing medical and nutritional status.
A multidisciplinary approach
The Sparrow Wound and Hyperbaric Clinic is staffed with a unique team of specialists all dedicated to healing chronic wounds. The causes of wounds are complex and our staff represents expertise in all of the major areas necessary to handle your various circumstances and challenges.
For more information or to make an appointment call 517.364.7750
At the Wound and Hyperbaric Clinic, you’ll receive the right treatment to heal your wound. Some of the following methods may be included in your treatment plan:
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Wound dressings
- Wound debridement
- Bio-engineered tissue substitutes
- Negative pressure wound therapy
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Overview
Hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy is a pure oxygen treatment while inside a pressurized chamber. It may be used as part of a treatment plan to help heal many types of wounds. For more information on HBO therapy, download one of our resources documents:
Important information for wound patients
What to expect on your first visit
- Bring all medications you are currently taking, including over-the-counter medications and a list of allergies with you on your first visit.
- Bring insurance information for verification.
- Our team of physicians and nurses will evaluate your wound, health, and medical history including x-rays if you have them.
- Tests may be conducted to determine blood flow and tissue oxygenation as well as to indicate if there is an infection present.
- Together with your physician, we’ll develop a treatment program based on our assessment of your individual needs.
Your role in healing
Much of the success of your treatment depends on you, the patient. We count on you to follow directions carefully and watch your healing progress closely. At the Sparrow Wound and Hyperbaric Clinic, our staff will actively teach you to care for your wound at home and how to protect yourself from further injuries. Through a personalized and educational approach to healing, we are dedicated to helping you on a swift road to recovery.
Sparrow Wound & Hyperbaric Clinic
Monday – Friday | 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.