Published: Monday, January 23, 2023
LANSING, MI – Noted business, higher education, and medical leaders have been appointed to the Boards of Directors of various boards that govern Sparrow Health System (SHS) and its subsidiaries.
Sandra Pearson, former president and chief executive officer of Habitat for Humanity of Michigan, has joined the board that governs the entire health system.
Joining the E.W. Sparrow Hospital Board are:
- Deborah Allen, judicial assistant/event planner for Michigan Court of Appeals Judge Douglas Shapiro, and President, E.W. Sparrow Women’s Board of Managers.
- David Thomas, associate partner, Podium Risk Management.
A trio of leaders have become members of the Sparrow Women’s Board of Managers. The new members are:
- Julia Cawood, a former teacher, author, businesswoman, and Sparrow volunteer.
- Marianne Cox, retired manager, Grand Ledge Ford Lincoln, and Sparrow volunteer.
- Lou Ann Smith, case call clerk, Michigan Court of Appeals, and Sparrow volunteer.
As a community-based and community-governed health system, board involvement is essential to Sparrow’s success. Board members provide leadership and guidance, representing the needs of patients and our community.
A host of community leaders have also joined the board of the Sparrow Foundation. New members are:
- Colin Cronin, vice president and co-owner, DTN Management Company.
- Patrick Dean, vice president of business development, Dean Transportation
- Price Dobernick, business manager and financial secretary, United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters, Local 333.
- Deb Ginsburg, past president, Sparrow Women’s Board of Managers.
- Amy Scoby, senior vice president of Marketing and Business Development, The Christman Company.
Sparrow’s Community Hospitals are also benefiting from the guidance of numerous new board members.
New members of the Sparrow Ionia Hospital Board are:
- Amy Herbruck, manager, Marketing and Community Outreach, Herbruck Poultry Ranch.
- Brian Talbot, senior vice president, mortgage/sales, Mercantile Bank.
Sparrow Specialty Hospital’s board has added:
- Lindsay Peters, senior director, field engagement, Michigan Health and Hospital Association
- Jennifer Pope, senior neuroscience specialist, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
The board of Sparrow Community Cares now includes:
- Carol Conn, retired founder, Capital Fundraising Associations
- Rita Proctor Canady, retired director of Administration, Michigan Agency for Energy
- Dorothy E. Maxwell, president/CEO, Max Weinger Group
- Larry Rawsthorne, M.D., retired physician and Sparrow Health System Chief Medical Officer
Joining the board of Sparrow Clinical Research Institute is:
- Mohammed Qintar, M.D., interventional cardiologist, Sparrow Health System
Interested in learning more about Sparrow’s governing boards? Go to Sparrow.org/sparrow-community-health/about-sparrow/board-directors.
Sparrow is Mid-Michigan’s premier health care organization that includes hospitals in Lansing, Charlotte, St. Johns, Ionia and Carson City as well as Physicians Health Plan, Sparrow Care Network, Sparrow Medical Group, the Michigan Athletic Club, and AL!VE. Sparrow is affiliated with Michigan Medicine through the Sparrow Children’s Center and with Michigan State University’s three human health colleges. Through these partnerships and the dedication of our 10,000 Caregivers, Sparrow pursues a vision to be nationally recognized as a leader in quality and Patient experience. For more information, visit Sparrow.org.