Comprehensive cardiac, thoracic and vascular surgical care
Sparrow's surgeons are highly trained and board-certified to provide advanced treatment options for heart, lung, esophageal, mediastinal, chest wall, and blood vessel surgeries in the Mid-Michigan region.
We offer a wide range of cardiac surgeries, including conventional, trans-catheter, and minimally invasive approaches, such as:
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), including multi-arterial conduits.
- Valve surgery (repair or replacement) for aortic, mitral, tricuspid, and pulmonic valves.
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm/dissection repair.
- Anti-arrhythmic procedures (Cox-Maze, Convergent, LAAL).
- Pericardial procedures (pericardial window, pericardiectomy).
- Mechanical Circulatory Support (IABP, Impella, ECMO).
- Surgical resection of cardiac tumors/masses.
- Surgery for cardiac trauma.
Sparrow has an advanced thoracic surgical program that can manage/treat benign and malignant (cancer) conditions, including minimally invasive/robotic approaches, such as:
- Lung lobectomy and sub-lobar resection.
- Pleurectomy and pleurodesis.
- Mediastinal nodes/masses biopsy and resection.
- Chest wall resection.
- Rib fixation and plating.
- Esophageal surgery (such as esophagectomy).
The primary goal of vascular surgical treatment is to restore blood flow and maintain adequate circulation. Our dedicated vascular surgeons can provide advanced surgical techniques (open and transcatheter) for complex issues like vascular injuries, blockages, lesions, and aneurysms, as well as various limb salvage interventions, AV fistula for dialysis, and vein clinic.